Elling


During the opening credits, we learn that the title character in Elling is a "momma's boy." When she dies he is 40 years old, and he has to be removed from the house and is taken to a mental institution where he has a roommate named Kjell Bjarne, a large man who is obsessed with food and women - although he is quite naive about the latter. Elling makes up stories about women, which Kjell Bjarne initially takes as the truth, but even when he finds out that they are fiction he asks Elling to continue telling them.

Since I moved to the US, I'm actually talking with my family more often than I did in the past when I was living less than a 30 minute drive from all of them. It also means that I'm talking to my mom almost every week as well. But as I'm over 40 and have my own place to live, I don't consider myself a "momma's boy"; I'm proud to say that I'm a "momma's man!"

PS. "Elling" is funny and highly recommended.

Comments

0 Responses to "Elling"

Followers

Find It

To search, type and hit enter..

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

About Me

Me Me Me