King Kong (2005)


Last year, Peter Jackson made an spectacular update of the country-ape-meets-city-girl love story, King Kong, passionately commemorating the original while adding chills, frills and thrills. In the famous final scene of the original movie, the defiant Kong is standing atop the Empire State Building while circling aircrafts are trying to take him down.

Jackson's ending is different in that Kong's death is not caused by bullets. Because he cannot be with the woman he loves, Kong chooses to take his own life by plunging down from the building. At least that's what my gf told me....

I didn't see the movie myself because I was lucky enough to get some real sleep during our flight back from Amsterdam. During our stay in Holland, my 4 year old nephew had been so endeared with my gf, that although his English vocabulary only contained two words, he was able to articulate that he loved her more than me :) But there was some consolation: my gf informed me that just like Kong, she would love me to death too.

A happy ending - just like the movies...

Comments

0 Responses to "King Kong (2005)"

Followers

Find It

To search, type and hit enter..

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

About Me

Me Me Me