Casablanca

Rick and Sam..

With the temperature climbing to the 90's today, I had a craving to see Casablanca on this hot summer day.

Rick: My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.
Captain Renault: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.
Rick: I was misinformed.

Casablanca transports you to another era and is a classic tale of lost love found again and then put at risk of being lost once and for all. Rick is our hero, and his lost love is the stunningly beautiful Ilsa. He has been wounded, and has built a life to avoid repeated injury. After some of my dating adventures over the past year, it's a life that starts to look more and more appealing.

Ilsa: Play it once, Sam. For old times' sake.
Sam: [lying] I don't know what you mean, Miss Elsa.
Ilsa: Play it, Sam. Play "As Time Goes By."

Sam isn’t playing anymore but Ladysmith Black Mambazo is. Tomorrow in San Francisco. And although Ilsa won't be joining me, I'm excited because another lady will.

Comments

0 Responses to "Casablanca"

Followers

Find It

To search, type and hit enter..

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

About Me

Me Me Me