Aviator


'Aviator' is the kind of spectacle that hasn't been seen much since the golden days of Hollywood. The movie plays like a sense memory with Technicolor skies, ravishing and silver planes and celebrated nightspots like the Coconut Grove with big-bands and showgirls.

But it is, first and foremost, the story of Howard Hughes (DiCaprio)...aviator, filmmaker, industrial pioneer and a man with many beautiful women in his life. He was the richest man in America in his day, but he took outrageous risks with his money, pushing his fortunes to the breaking point and beyond. As his fame and reputation grew, his personal demons did, too. He suffered from obsessive compulsive disorder, was phobic about germs, and as his success grew, so did his paranoia.

Last night, another couple came over to my girl-friend's house for some wine and cheese. The guy had a really bad cold but after I mentioned that once in a while my girl-friend would get upset with something I say, he shook my hand to congratulate me with the fact that 'once in a while' was much better than he had to deal with with his girl-friend. After they left, the door hadn't closed yet, or my girl-friend was instructing me to wash my hands and take some flu medicine, assuming that I surely would get sick after touching his hands.

According to some sources, germs phobia can be triggered by myriad benign events like movies, TV, or perhaps seeing someone else experience trauma. So I maybe should refrain from showing the Aviator DVD to my girl-friend..

Comments

0 Responses to "Aviator"

Followers

Find It

To search, type and hit enter..

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

About Me

Me Me Me