Das Boot

Fresh Air

"Das Boot" is one of the most convincing war movies ever made. The film is authentic, captivating and features great acting and character development. When the crew finally gets a breath of fresh air after being stuck on the bottom of the sea, I literally could feel their relief. As a viewer you emerge from the experience drained, blinking in the light, but oddly triumphant.

It's the same feeling I'm currently experiencing while looking back at my affair with the girl with the pearl necklace; I'm able to look at red Corolla's now without my heartbeat going up. I can listen to music that I bought her without actually starting to think about her. There are still things that I miss - doing groceries together, lying in the grass on a Sunday afternoon, impromptu meetings at a restaurant, cooking diner at home. But I've been meeting some interesting women and I'm convinced that pretty soon I will find somebody else to do those things with. And more. A breath of fresh air..

Comments

0 Responses to "Das Boot"

Followers

Find It

To search, type and hit enter..

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

About Me

Me Me Me