The Oscars

Fooooooooosball

My dormant competitive nature reared its ugly head again this week during an innocent foosball tournament. We played against one of the favorites and after we took the lead, things were getting down and dirty. Our opponent Ra was getting irritated with his partner Pa for not blocking my shots and then Pa took it out on me, saying that the Dutch were despicable because they came out in their boats to destroy villages and rape the women. OK, the Vikings weren't actually Dutch but still, the tone was set. It was hilarious and despite her verbal tactics and battle cries which could be heard througout the whole office, we won and I could feel the adrenaline flowing through my veins. I couldn't believe how caught up I was in the game.

Competitivenes not only plays at an individual level; because my team did a great job on hitting their numbers last week, we received a standing ovation in our departmental meeting. For a moment I thought I was attending the Oscar ceremony. Sometimes it feels like I'm living my life here on one big Hollywood set; in Holland people are less abundant in celebrating their achievements so I’m not really used to it. Still, doing better than the other teams felt good.

Maybe that's why I'll never be comfortable with this whole dating ritual; I hate coming in second..

Comments

0 Responses to "The Oscars"

Followers

Find It

To search, type and hit enter..

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

About Me

Me Me Me